Shopper Discounts - Unauthorized charge from Shoppers Discount

Issue not resolved
Apr 11, 2010
review #177982

I discovered Shoppers Discount has been charging me 12.00 per month on my credit card.I never authorized this and have absolutely no idea how they obtained my cc number.

Since my daughter uses the same card for legitimate college expenses and doesn't always tell me what she ordered I never noticed the extra charge for something that had appeared legitimate.

I have subsequently discovered that this company pulls this scam on other consumers, hoping they do not notice.MasterCard provided minimal help, as they tell me they only cancel the last charge, not previous ones which had been paid.

bdea4f0
Had an experience with Shopper Discounts?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Jim

Aug 01, 2012

I to was caught in this scam. I called Shoppers Discount and was told I was enrolled when I accepted a Pizza Hut discount - how disgusting. Also, the person I talked to told me I have been receiving monthly emails telling me the $12.00 was being charged to my checking account, a statement this is an outright LIE! I am also going to file a complaint against this company.

JC

Dec 07, 2011

:( Got the same situation. I'm pissed! How can they just charge membership fee without my approval?! I mean this can be called a crime. I gonna tell everyone never touch their prompt window and never trust them.

Bill

Sep 14, 2010

In case anyone is interested in a contrarian view here….. I was signed up for Shopper Discounts and Rewards when they called me on my cell phone. They convinced me with a 30-day money-back guarantee. I used my membership pretty much immediately and was credited with a little bit of cash back due to my purchases. Of course, I then forgot all about it and the 30 days passed without a thought. When I saw the $12.95 monthly membership fee show up on my card I had to trace it through the credit card company before I remembered signing up. I then decided I was going o cancel it. I did so and got no hassle from customer service. However, I was not going to get the $12.95 back, so I decided to try to use the service for the balance of my membership time so as to mitigate the $12.95. To my surprise, I discovered that the membership worked for me. Then one day I went to use it and discovered that my membership had lapsed (according to schedule). So I actually called Shopper Discounts and Rewards and signed back up. This was January '09 and I have been a member ever since. How I insure that it works for me is as follows. I take advantage of the monthly deal where you can buy up to $100 dollars worth of gift card for $80 (I get four $25 dollar gas cards for $20 each). Then I take advantage of the $10 monthly bonus that you can get by using the service at least once during the month (a requirement which the aforementioned gift cards purchase satisfies). So by doing a... Show more

Radler2

May 21, 2010

Update on my ongoing argument with Shoppersdiscount: They informed us that in April they refunded 36.00 of the total of 84.00 they charged me since last year. They refunded only 24.00, not the 36.00 they said. They indicated they will refund another 48.00 after I kept complaining. We'll see. We were also told they had sent confirming e-mails last year. I can only say we never received a single indication - not in our e-mails nor in spam - we had signed up for this.

December

May 21, 2010 Erode, Tamil Nadu

I just found out Shoppers Discount was charging me $12 a month on my charge card! This has been going on for more than a year. My husband thought It was something I had suscribed to. Not so! I never heard of Shoppers Discount until just now. I called their number and they refunded the last 4 payments right away, and to try and get the rest of the money they took without my approval, I have to submit an "unauthorized charge affidavit." We'll see what happens. They tell me I signed up when I made a FTD flower order online....not so. Somehow I believe they tapped in to or with FTD and got my credit card number. No more ordering flowers on line!!!!!

Maryo

May 11, 2010

Hello:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-889-8776. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at mary@shopperdiscountsandrewards.com. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,
Mary

Radler2

Apr 21, 2010

Re: My earlier complaint
I contacted Shopper's Discount, which told me they will refund three months worth of charges - not that I have yet received it of course.

joseph

Apr 21, 2010 Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand

:( i to never approved this fee either and my lord its been like 2 years how iin *** did they get my info??i called my police and bbb.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.